Date Posted: 2012-06-28
RegCodeCOM12 Validation Error When lauching ChemBioDraw
This error is present when ChemDraw is uninstalled and then installed again, causing duplicated keys in the Registry of Windows Operating Systems.
To Fix this problem do the following:
- Uninstall the current installation and delete all the Cambridgesoft Folders from the C: Drive: * C:\Program Files(x86)\CambridgeSoft
- After that delete the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CambridgeSoft\ChemDraw\12.0\Ultra] ---> 64Bits
- PCs [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\wowCambridgeSoft\ChemBioDraw\12.0\Ultra] ---> 32Bits.
- Make a search/find on the Registry Editor for "RegCodeCOM12" confirm the Keys and delete all the duplicates on the registry.
- Finally, proceed to make a clean installation, you will be prompted for activation and serial number.