Please do not use this process unless you are still having issues after reinstalling the software in the normal way. It is recommended to backup your Windows Registry before making any changes. Do not edit the Windows registry unless you are confident in doing so.
Note: Please make backups of your ChemDraw templates and style sheet files as they will be deleted in the process. These can be found on your ChemDraw Items folder.
- Uninstall ChemDraw/ChemOffice and all of its components from the Program and Features option in the Control Panel.
- Click Start and in the search field, type “regedit”.
- Right-click the “Regedit” option on the top and select “Run as Administrator”
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE and delete the PerkinElmerInformatics folder.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow6432Node and delete the PerkinElmerInformatics folder.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software and delete the PerkinElmerInformatics folder.
- Delete the ChemDraw for Excel Add-in folder from the following location.
(Note: Version_Number is your ChemDraw version (i.e 17, 18, 19, 20, 21))
>32-bit MS Office: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\ChemDrawExcelAddIn_Version_Number.ExcelAddIn]
>64-bit MS Office: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\ChemDrawExcelAddIn_Version_Number.ExcelAddIn]
- Delete the following folders if present:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PerkinElmerInformatics
C:\Program Data\PerkinElmerInformatics (If this folder is hidden, you will need to click on your View Tab in Windows Explorer and check the box next to Hidden Items)
- Restart the computer.
- Download ChemDraw/ChemOffice from the Download Center and reinstall the software.