How do I manually remove and reinstall ChemDraw/ChemOffice on my Windows computer for a clean installation?
Please do not use this process unless you are still having issues after reinstalling the software in the normal way.
It is recommended to backup your Windows Registry before making any changes. Do not edit the Windows registry unless you are confident about doing so.
Note: Please make backups of your ChemDraw templates and style sheet files as they will be deleted in the process. These can be found on your ChemDraw Items folder. 1. Uninstall ChemDraw/ChemOffice and all of its components from the Program and Features option in the Control Panel.
2. Click Start and on the search box type “regedit”
3. Right-click the “Regedit” option on the top and select “Run as Administrator”
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE and delete the PerkinElmerInformatics folder.
5. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node and delete the PerkinElmerInformatics folder.
6. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software and delete the PerkinElmerInformatics folder.
7. Delete the ChemDraw for Excel Add-in folder from the following location:
32-bit MS Office:
64-bit MS Office:
Where Version_Number is your ChemDraw version (i.e 17, 18, 19)
8. Delete the following folders if present:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PerkinElmerInformatics
9. Restart the computer, download ChemDraw/ChemOffice from the Download Center and reinstall the software.