I am having an issue with Excel addin and want to temporarily disable it. Also, is there a way to uninstall the ChemDraw for Excel addin alone from the machine?
In order to disable the ChemDraw for Excel com addin temporarily, you will need to change the "LoadBehavior" dword value present in the following location (in your Windows registry) from 3 to 2. To enable the addin you need to change the value from 2 to 3.
If you have MS Office 2013 (32 bit) or MS Office 2016 (32 bit) or MS Office 2019 (32 bit), you need to check and delete in the following location.
If you have MS Office 2016 (64 bit) or MS Office 2019 (64 bit), you need to check and delete in the following location.
Where Version_Number is your ChemDraw version (i.e 17, 18, 19)
If you want to remove the addin from your machine permanently, then please do the following.
1. Open Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs for Windows XP) from the Control Panel
2. Select "PerkinElmer ChemOffice Suite 20XX" then right-click and select "Change". This will open the installation wizard
3. In the Installation Wizard select "Modify" and click the Next button. It will show the installed components,
4. Expand ChemBioFinder (you will find ChemDraw for Excel)
5. Select ChemDraw for Excel and click over the drop-down list click over the "x This feature will not be available", then click the "Next" button and follow the wizard to complete the process.