During the installation, I receive "Run Time error 7" warning message and not able to install the product. What can I do to fix this problem?
Seems your Windows Security or Firewall blocks the installation through Installation Wizard, please try the installation by the following way as Workaround. Note that below uses ChemDraw Pro 13.0 as an example. If you are using a different installer, you should substitute the names in Step 5 and Step 7 accordingly.
1. Select the ChemDraw Pro 13.0.2 update installer (cdp1302.exe) and right click. This will open the context menu.
2. Click on the "Run as Administrator" function. This will start the extraction and then it will open the "Installation Wizard" welcome screen.
3. Click on the "Explore this Disc" link. This will open the extracted file location.
4. Browse to the "CambridgeSoft\Activation" folder. You will find a file with the name "Activation" or "Activation.exe". Double click on the file to run it.
5. This will open a dialog box. Type the following and click the Ok button:
ChemDraw Pro 13.0
6. This will open the "CambridgeSoft Software Activation" window. Enter your Name and serial number on the appropriate fields in the "CambridgeSoft Software Activation" window and click the "Activate over Internet" button.
7. Now browse to "CambridgeSoft\ChemOffice" folder and run the following installer file. .
This will start the installation. Just follow the default steps to install ChemDraw Pro 13.0 on your Windows 7 machine