I'm having problems installing under Windows 8
ChemDraw 13 and below were developed and released prior to Windows 8. They are not officially supported under this environment. We hope to support Windows 8 in a future version. Until then, you may try the following to get version 13 installed, but if you run into problems during or afterwards, we will not be able to provide assistance. Note that below uses ChemDraw Pro 13.0 as an example. If you are using a different installer, you should substitute the names in
Step 5 and Step 7 accordingly.
1. Select the ChemDraw Pro 13.0.2 update installer (cdp1302.exe) and right click. This will open the context menu.
2. Click on the "Run as Administrator" function. This will start the extraction and then it will open the "Installation Wizard" welcome screen.
3. Click on the "Explore this Disc" link. This will open the extracted file location.
4. Browse to the "CambridgeSoft\Activation" folder. You will find a file with the name "Activation" or "Activation.exe". Double click on the file to run it.
5. This will open a dialog box. Type the following and click the Ok button:
ChemDraw Pro 13.0
6. This will open the the "CambridgeSoft Software Activation" window. Enter your Name and serial number on the appropriate fields in the "CambridgeSoft Software Activation" window and click the "Activate over Internet" button.
7. Now browse to "CambridgeSoft\ChemOffice" folder and run the following installer file. .
This will start the installation. Just follow the default steps to install ChemDraw Pro 13.0 on your Windows 8 machine