How do I get the ChemDraw Plugin to work for "all users" using a single Macintosh?
The Macintosh ChemDraw installer only installs the ChemDraw plugin for the user who did the installation. It is possible to make the CD plugin available for all users but it will require some manual copying and browsing to the 'ChemDraw Items' folder for each user the first time they use the CD Plugin:
1. Browse to 'HD:Users:[username]:Library:Internet Plug-Ins'
2. Drag all 4 items to 'HD: Library:Internet Plug-Ins'
3. Login as a different user
4. Go to a webpage that uses the ChemDraw plugin (for example www.chemfinder.com and click the link 'Substructure Query with Plugin')
5. The plugin will now ask the user to locate the 'ChemDraw Items' folder so you need to browse to: 'HD:Applications:CS ChemOffice 2008:CS ChemDraw' and select the 'ChemDraw Items' folder (and click OK)
The location of the ChemDraw Items folder has to be done by each user but it only has to be done once.