Can I put a gif file or other type of picture in a ChemFinder form?
Yes. Normally a picture is taken from a Windows Metafile (.wmf), but you can copy and paste from other formats. In some cases you may need to go through an intermediary (such as Word or PhotoDraw) to get the right format on the Clipboard. For example, to get a picture from a web page into a ChemFinder form, here are the steps:
- Right-click the picture in your web browser, and choose Copy.
- Bring up an empty document in Microsoft Word and choose Paste.
- Right-click on the picture in Word and choose Copy.
- On a ChemFinder form, use the picture tool to draw a picture box. When prompted for filename, choose Cancel. The picture box remains on the form, empty.
- Click once on the picture box to select it. It gets a blue outline.
- Choose Edit Paste. The picture is deposited in the picture box.
- Right-click the picture and choose Save File. Save the picture as a wmf file in the same directory where you will save the formfile.
- Save the formfile.