Product: E-Notebook Enterprise
Is it possible to modify the files without saving it locally, removing old file and importing new modified/changed file into ELN "link to supplementary data"?
1) SDM add-in works like a network file saving option considering the rendering limit of +/- 12MB on any given singly experiment.
2) So when the file is imported into "Link to Supplementary" section type it creates a link to the network file where it is saved.
3) When we access/open that file, the data is exported at the users machine and stored in the users temp. folder, and when the user makes any changes as the data is in the users machine (not on the storage server) and not saved yet, MS-Office prompts to save the file.
4) So there is not option for now in SDM to save the modified data on to the storage server.
5) The user have to crate a new version of the same and import it to the location as a new version of the file.
Kindly contact email@example.com if you need more assistance.