Keywords: E-Notebook Enterprise, ELN, log file, Server, Client, Error.
1. From any Client machine where the issue can be reproduced, log into E-Notebook, and navigate to the place where you are experiencing the issue. Do not click the last problematic step/command yet.
2. On the application toolbar, expand the dropdown menu in the top-left corner.
3. Click “About E-Notebook” button, then “Diagnostics”.
4. Check both "Turn on Client Logging" and “Turn on Server Logging” boxes on.
5. Click on "Clear" button for both "Client Log" and "Error Log" -> “Close” -> “OK”.
6. Now click the last problematic step/command to trigger the error.
7. If you see any “Error…” message, click “OK”.
8. Go back to the “Diagnostics” menu, and uncheck both "Turn on Client Logging" and “Turn on Server Logging” boxes.
9. Click on "Open" button for "Client Log", and save the data into a text file.
10. Click on "Open" button for "Error Log", and save the data (if exists) into a text file.
11. Close the “Diagnostics” window -> “OK”.
12. To find the generated Server Log, access your E-Notebook Application Server machine, go to the following folder: “C:\Windows\Temp\ENLogs\” (the actual path may vary; if missing, please search your hard drive for “ENLogs”).
13. Find the most recent file, with the current Date Modified. The file should have a name like “ENSession001525723337.log”.
14. Please zip all three log files (Server, Client, Error), and send us the archive.
NOTE: Steps 1-11 must be performed on the Client machine within the same user session where the issue is being reproduced (i.e. enable the logs, and immediately reproduce the problematic step on the same machine in the same user session).