Product: E-Notebook Enterprise
Is there a way to reassign the ownership of a record from a user who is no longer available to another user (e.g., that person’s manager) so that this experiment can be completed, signed, and witnessed in E-Notebook 12.x?
If User1 (owner) is no longer available, and User2 (e.g., User1’s
manager) wants to complete User1’s experiments and submit them to a
witness, the following configuration is required:
1. As an E-Notebook administrator, right-click on User1 for “Collection Properties” -> “Collection Security” -> “Grant…” -> browse up to see User2 -> select User2, and click “Continue” -> “Grant” -> “Close”.
2. In “Assigned Access Privileges” you will see:
- Privilege=”Read All Collections”
4. Click “OK”.
5. Right-click on User1 for “Collection Properties” -> “Transition Security” -> Grant…” -> browse up to see User2 -> select User2, and click “Continue”.
6. Select all transition types (use regular multiple selection with Ctrl or Shift key) -> “Grant” -> “OK”.
7. Refresh E-Notebook (F5).
To modify User1’s experiments which are already submitted (closed), User2 needs to right-click on the corresponding experiment in the collection tree for “Re-Open”. User2 should be able to edit open User1’s experiments, and submit them to a witness. When submitting, User2 needs to uncheck User1 in the "Verify Cosigners" dialog.