Product: Signals Notebook
How to get the logs from Chrome for troubleshooting issues in Signals Notebook?
Analyzing browser logs and errors from Developer Tools can help while
troubleshooting different issues related to performance, crashing, etc.
To access Developer Tools in Chrome, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl Shift J (on Windows) or Ctrl Option J (on Mac). On Windows, you can also press F12 functional key.
Alternatively, you can use the Chrome menu in the browser window, select "More Tools," and then select "Developer Tools."
1. In the top left corner, click on "Show console sidebar" button.
2. From the left pane, select the top line (saying "X messages").
3. Reproduce the issue in Signals Notebook.
4. Right-click anywhere in the console content -> "Save as..." -> save the log file to your file system.
1. Look for a round record button in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
2. Check the box "Preserve log".
3. Click the clear button (next to the record button) to clear out any existing logs.
4. Reproduce the issue in Signals Notebook, while the network requests are being recorded.
5. Once you have reproduced the issue, right-click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select "Save all as HAR with Content", and save the file to your file system.