Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Size limit of items stored in the TIBCO Spotfire Library.
TIBCO Spotfire does not impose any size limitations on the data stored in the TIBCO Spotfire library, but there are limitations imposed by the database used for the TIBCO Spotfire application database. By default, all library items are stored within the application database and are limited by any database specific limitations.
If a storage limit is reached, you may see an error as described in the following KB article:
- KB 000019945: Unable to save analysis file which is more than 2GB in size to Spotfire Library(applicable only while using MS SQL Server as the Spotfire Database).
- Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server
- Maximum Size: Maximum storage size is 2^31-1 bytes, or 2GB.
- Reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188362.aspx
- Maximum Size: (4 GB - 1) * DB_BLOCK_SIZE initialization parameter (8 TB to 128 TB)
- Reference: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28320/limits001.htm
External Library Data Storage
- Maximum Size: There are no explicit size limitations, only the disk capacity needs to be considered.
- Reference: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/7.11.0/doc/html/TIB_sfire_server_tsas_admin_help/GUID-9F384681-4B08-4A8B-BBB2-93C0D2CE17E5.html
TIBCO Spotfire Server System Requirements: