Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to enable forms authentication in addition to Web authentication (OpenID Connect) in TIBCO Spotfire Server
Web authentication can be combined with username and password authentication as seen in the following screenshot:
This type of configuration will help while testing the OIDC login to ensure that user ids established through authentication matches the ones from the LDAP directory. You can use both external authentication provider (such as Google) and Basic LDAP method by following these instructions:
1. Logon to the machine where Spotfire Server is installed.
2. Open the configuration tool by running the uiconfig.bat file located at <installation dir>\tomcat\spotfire-bin for TIBCO Spotfire Server 10.3.0 and higher or <installation dir>\tomcat\bin directory for TIBCO Spotfire Server Versions 7.11.0, 7.12.0, 7.13.0 and 7.14.0.
3. Go to "Configuration" tab, select "Authentication" page and select "Basic LDAP" authentication. Similarly, to use "Basic Database" select authentication method as "Basic Database".
Note: To configure OpenID Connect authentication in Spotfire Server service, please see the following KB articles:
- KB 000030545 How to configure OpenID connect authentication with Azure on the TIBCO Spotfire Server
- KB 000038181 How to configure OpenID connect authentication with Google on the TIBCO Spotfire Server
- KB 000034698 How to configure OpenID connect authentication with Okta on the TIBCO Spotfire Server
6. Restart the TIBCO Spotfire Server service. Doc: Web authentication