Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to capture Spotfire Connector query while accessing the analysis file through Spotfire Web Player.
If you open any analysis file in the Web Player, which is using Spotfire Connector to fetch the data then you can make use of 'Querylog' file to check the query executed for the connection.
From Spotfire 7.14 onwards, a new 'Querylog' file has been introduced which you can find inside the Node Manager(NM) log folder i.e. <Installation Directory>\tsnm\7.14\nm\logs. It is possible that you are viewing(get) multiple 'Querylog' files inside the Node manager(NM) logs folder. It is because a single dedicated 'QueryLog' file gets created for each instance ID of the Web Player and Automation Services. So, check the instance id first inside the 'Your Network' tab present in 'Nodes & Services'.
By default, the 'Querylog' file has no entry inside it. So, firstly you need to enable it. Below are the steps to do it:
1) Export the service configuration by executing the export-service-config command.
Example: config export-service-config --capability=WEB_PLAYER --deployment-area=Production
For further details, refer to the link: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/10.0.0/doc/html/TIB_sfire_server_tsas_admin_help/GUID-5462A06E-20CC-4F42-BCB8-0A66C8EC1C18.html
2) Now, open the exported 'log4net.config' file from the location: <Installation Directory>\tss\10.0.0\tomcat\bin\config\root
3) Inside it, go to <!-- Query log --> section and then change `<level value="OFF" />` to `<level value="DEBUG" />`
4) Save the 'log4net.config' file and import the configuration by executing the below command.
Example: config import-service-config --config-name Test
For further details, refer to the link: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/10.0.0/doc/html/TIB_sfire_server_tsas_admin_help/GUID-6D37ADC8-824A-4FC6-9028-94A0CB0061B5.html
5) Update the Web Player Service accordingly with the newly imported configuration.
Now, open the analysis file in Web Player and you will get the needed query in the Querylog.
Note: Nothing is logged to the Querylog if the level value is set to "INFO" or "OFF".