Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Error: Failed CRC check. The file content is corrupt. Possible causes could range from a hardware error (in RAM, disk, network, etc.) to some third-party software having manipulated the DXP archive.
While opening an analysis file saved on a network shared path, the following error can be seen.
Error message: InvalidOperationException at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Cxx: Unable to read data table entry DataTables/6a3594742-3827-4596-9ace-5eee78cf6760 from file D:\Test\TestFile - AnalysisFile.dxp: Failed CRC check. The file content is corrupt. Possible causes could range from a hardware error (in RAM, disk, network, etc.) to some third-party software having manipulated the DXP archive. (HRESULT: 73138498)
The most common cause behind this error is that the file is corrupt. However, there can be other reasons as well. The issue can be seen for the following reasons.
1) The analysis file is corrupt.
- In this case, the analysis file need to be created again or from any working backup
2) Network related issues such while saving/fetching data on network shared drives.
- In this case, the file can be moved to another location and tried to be accessed. If it still doesn't work, it means there was a problem while saving the file on the Shared path or the file is corrupt. It is always good to save a copy of the file on the local machine in case the one saved on the network shared drive does not work. This needs to be done when the file is still open in the Analyst Client. Also, it would be good to save file on local machine and then just copy over to shared drive to avoid any corruption
3) Hardware problems with disk drive/memory.
- In this case other files saved on the drive will show a similar behavior. The disk drive/memory needs to be fixed.