Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to enable DEBUG logging in TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services
When investigating issues with the TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services (TSSS) server, it is often needed to enable DEBUG level logging in order to capture more information. This article explains how to enable DEBUG logging for the TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services server.
In order to enable DEBUG logging on the TSSS server, perform the following steps:
1. For Standalone TSSS installation, go to /SPSERVER_HOME/conf folder.
For Clustered TSSS environment, go to /SPSERVER_SHARE/conf folder.
- SPSERVER_HOME is the path of the standalone TSSS installation directory , and
- SPSERVER_SHARE is the path of the cluster share directory.
2. Edit the log4j.properties file from conf folder to change the log4j.appender.ROLLFILE.Threshold line to the following:
3. Reproduce the error and capture the logs as mentioned in step 4 below.
4. Capture logs files :
- For standalone installation, send the logs located in the SPSERVER_HOME/tomcat/logs directory
- For Clustered installation , send logs from all Manager Nodes and all Worker Nodes from below mentioned paths.
<Worker node installation directory>\worker\logs
<Manager nodes installation directory>\tomcat\logs
NOTE : Enabling DEBUG logging is On-the-fly logging and does not require to restart TSSS. The server checks the file for changes every 10 seconds. If the file has changed, the server automatically begins using the updated configuration.Doc : On-the-fly logging
Doc: Configure service logging