Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Users are unable to add new bookmarks to a TIBCO Spotfire analysis
A user may not be able to use Public bookmarks but can use Private bookmarks, or cannot use bookmarks at all. This article describes the multiple settings that are involved in allowing the use of bookmarks or restricting a user's ability to add new bookmarks. The ability to add and modify bookmarks can be restricted on two levels:
- Document property settings on the analysis level
Bookmark licenses administration:
The licenses for bookmark usage can be controlled on a group level. To manage the licenses for a given group:
- In the TIBCO Spotfire installed client while logged in as an admin user, go to:
- Tools > Administration Manager > Groups and Licenses > Licenses > Select the desired group (for example "Everyone") > Edit
- To enable bookmark usage, ensure the following licenses are enabled:
- Enterprise Player > Bookmarks
- Enterprise Player > Capture Private Bookmarks
- Enterprise Player > Capture Private and Public Bookmarks
Document property settings on the analysis level:
Additionally, each analysis file has a setting for how to control access to bookmarks. To manage the bookmark permissions for the given analysis file:
- In the TIBCO Spotfire installed client, open the analysis file and go to:
- Version 10 and higher: File > Document Properties > Library tab > Allow users to add new bookmarks
- Version 7.14 and lower: Edit > Document Properties > Library tab > Allow users to add new bookmarks
- Ensure the "Allow users to add new bookmarks" check box is checked. This check box determines the analysis level settings based on the users' library folder permissions (permissions to the actual dxp per its folder location in the library). Clear the check box if you do not want anyone to be able to add bookmarks to the analysis.
- Select the check box to allow some or all users to add bookmarks and specify the permitted level using the drop-down list:
- Private bookmarks only (all users) – allows all users to add private bookmarks but no public bookmarks are allowed.
- Private (all users), public (write permissions needed) – allows all users to add private bookmarks but only users with Modify folder permissions or higher will be able to make bookmarks public.
- Private and public bookmarks (write permissions needed) – allows only users with Modify folder permissions or higher to add any bookmarks.
- Private and public bookmarks (all users) – allows all users to add both private and public bookmarks.