Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
TIBCO Spotfire Automation Services "Set Credentials for External Connection" task fails with the error "Could not connect. Incorrect username or password".
If you are using the 'Set Credentials for External Connection' task in an Automation Services task (to set credentials used by a data connector), the credentials may not be recognized and the "Could not connect. Incorrect username or password." error will be seen. For example, with an Automation Services job consisting of the following tasks:
- Set Credentials for External Connection
- The credentials profile needs to be properly configured based upon the Set Credentials for External Connection documentation. The Automation Services service configuration needs to have the adapter set to WebConfig with an associated DataAdapterCredentials profile per Connector configuration examples > WebConfig > DataAdapterCredentials.
- Select the proper X.509 certificate and the credentials profile you created. Reference: Details on Data Source Settings – Credentials
- Open Analysis from Library
- Send Email
The job may be successfully executed on the server and the email might be sent, but the instead of the visualizations the following error text may be displayed:
Could not connect. Incorrect username or password.
- Use the X.509 certificate that is installed on the Automation Services (Node Manager) machine, and
- Select the credentials profile that is configured on the server, and
- Also manually type in Username and Password (that is the same as the credentials profile) in the Automation Services Job builder for the "Set Credentials for External Connection" task.
Doc: Set Credentials for External Connection
Doc: Connector configuration examples > WebConfig > DataAdapterCredentials
Doc: Details on Data Source Settings – Credentials