Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Cannot open an analysis in the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player with error "The analysis could not be opened because no Web Player services are available. Contact your Spotfire administrator"
When trying to open an analysis file in the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player, the report fails to open and the following error is displayed:
The analysis could not be opened because no Web Player services are available. Contact your Spotfire administrator
You may see this error due to a few reasons. Most commonly:
1. There are no Web Player instances installed
First you need to ensure that you have a Node Manager installed and trusted and that there is at least one Web Player service and instance created. See the following documentation references on how to install a node manager and Web Player instance:
Installing a node manager interactively
Installing Spotfire Web Player instances
2. There are no Web Player instances available
You will also get this error if all of your Web Player instances are offline or have the status EXHAUSTED.
To verify, log in to Spotfire Server, then click Monitoring & Diagnostics, and view the Overview tab. Under Web Player instances ensure there are Web Player instances present which are not in the EXHAUSTED status. A request will not get routed to an EXHAUSTED Web Player, so if all instances are EXHAUSTED then this error will be seen. Ensure that there is at least one Web Player instance with status of AVAILABLE or STRAINED (both of which can accept new requests by default)
A Web Player instance will become EXHAUSTED if either its RAM or CPU utilization are too high (as defined in the Spotfire.Dxp.Worker.Host.exe.config. See reference). If this happens regularly then you will need to either decrease the load on that Node Manager (fewer users, fewer reports, less data), add more resources to that Node Manager (either CPU or RAM depending on which the limiting factor), or add an additional Node Manager with new Web Player instances.
3. Configuration issues
If Web Player instances are installed and the Node Managers are not exhausted then there may be issues preventing the Spotfire Server from finding an appropriate Web Player to route the request to.
- Check if there are any applicable routing rules defined that might be limiting which Web Players the user, group, or file can get routed to. Reference: Creating a routing rule
- If Sites are configured, see KB 000033882 Setting up Sites and seeing "The analysis could not be opened because no web player services are available in resource pool(s)"
4. Communication issues
The issue might also be seen if there are network communication issues between the TIBCO Spotfire Server and the Web Player instances. The following KB can be used to identify if this is the case:
- KB 000036682 How to determine when the error "The analysis could not be opened because no web player services are available. Contact your Spotfire administrator " is due to network connection issue