If the firewall of your network is blocking the online activations then you can activate with the .bin file method.
The .bin files are unique to each computer. Please follow the steps below to activate ChemDraw 20 by uploading a file.
- Install ChemDraw version 20.1.1.
- When the activation Window pops out, enter your activation code and click on "More Options".
- Select option "Activate or Deactivate by uploading a file".
- Click "Activate" button.
This should ask you to save a .bin file (unique to each computer). You can save this file in your computer and if the computer is not connected to internet, you can save it to a portable device, and then upload the file from a computer that has access to the Internet.
To upload a file, please follow the process below:
- Open the Download Center site at: https://perkinelmerinformatics.flexnetoperations.com/.
- Navigate to "Offline Device Management". Under "Devices", select "Generate license". (Only available to site Admins).
- Select "Choose File" and browse, then point the locate the file location on your drive. Select "Upload" and you will see the following message: "License has been generated successfully, please click here to download the new license."
- This will generate a "capabilityResponse.bin" file, which you can save in any portable device. Change the name of the file to "Response.bin" and paste it into the offline machine at C:\ProgramData\PerkinElmerInformatics\FNE\20.0. (or the latest version of ChemDraw you are running).
- Now open Chemdraw in the offline machine, and check if Chemdraw is activated.
Note: the bin file you have downloaded will work only on the machine from where you have generated the .bin file used for uploading.