ChemDraw for Excel is included in ChemOffice+ Cloud and ChemDraw Professional suites. It is not included in ChemDraw Prime.
If you are using the correct suite and the supported Hardware and Software requirement, and ChemDraw for Excel add-in is not working/loading, any of the solutions below may resolve the issue. You may need to request help from your IT group to re-install the software and make registry changes.
- Check Add-ins setting in Microsoft Excel application.
a) Go to File – More – Options – Add-ins – Mange - Disabled Items from the drop-down menu to check if ChemDraw for Excel 20 add-in is not disabled.
b) If enabled, select ‘Excel Add-ins’ from drop-down menu and make sure ‘ChemDraw for Excel 20’ and ‘ChemDrawExcel 20’ Functions are checked.
c) If checked, select Com add-ins from the drop-down menu and make sure ChemDraw/Excel20 in Com add-ins is checked.
d) Check if ChemDraw for Excel add-in loads or not.
- Check if the Load behavior of ChemDraw for Excel add-in is set to 3 in registry following steps below.
a) Right click on Start menu – Run – Type Regedit – Click Ok.
b) Browse the location below
c) Click on the Load Behaviour to see the Value Data there. If it is 0,1 Or 2, change it to 3.
d) Click Ok and launch Microsoft Excel to see if ChemDraw for Excel add-in loads or not.
- Try launching Microsoft Excel as an admin by going to Start menu – Excel – Right click – More Options – Run as Administrator.
- Check if ChemDraw for Excel add-in and Microsoft Excel is added in the Exclusion list of the antivirus program you are using. Some of the antivirus programs block the function of add-ins in Microsoft Excel. If you require assistance in adding ChemDraw to the exclusion list, please check with your antivirus support team.
- If all above does not work, re-install ChemOffice 20.x on your machine using the steps below.
a) Uninstall PerkinElmer related entries for ChemDraw/ChemOffice from Program and Features in Control Panel. You will need to uninstall the following programs listed here:
PerkinElmer ChemOffice 64-bit Support 20.1.1
PerkinElmer ChemOffice Suite 2020
PerkinElmer ChemScript 20.1.1
b) Delete the PerkinElmerInformatics Folder from Program Files and Program Data of your machine if that exists.
C:\Program Files (x86)
c) Delete the PerkinElmerInformatics folder from the below registry locations by right click and click on delete. To go to registry, right click on Start menu - Run and type Regedit – Click Ok.
d) Delete ChemDrawExcelAddIn12.ExcelAddIn to ChemDrawExcelAddIn 20.ExcelAddIn from the below registry location.
e) Restart the machine.
f) Install ChemOffice Professional 20.1.1/ChemDraw Professional 20.1.1 logged on to the machine as a user having full admin rights and launch Microsoft Excel to see if ChemDraw for Excel add-in loads.
- If still ChemDraw for Excel add-in fails to load or is not working, try the following steps below. You will need IT admin privileges to perform the following steps:
a) Uninstall ChemDraw/ChemOffice Program using step 5 mentioned above.
b) Uninstall Microsoft Office from your machine by going to Control Panel – Program and Features.
c) Restart the machine.
d) Reinstall Microsoft Office.
e) Reinstall ChemOffice Professional / ChemDraw Professional.