Please retest the issue with a different font in the following way.
- Open the ChemDraw application.
- Select "Document Settings" from the ChemDraw File menu.
- Click on the "Text Captions" and change the font to a different one (eg. Times New Roman or Arial; Font Style "Regular").
- Click the OK button in the Document Settings dialog box.
- Draw a single bond and move the mouse over the edge of the single bond and type an atom (eg N, O, etc).
If there is no font listed in the "Document Settings" dialog box then please try the following steps to fix the problem.
- Close ChemDraw application.
- Search for ‘services’ app.
- Then browse for "Windows Font Cache Service" and select Properties.
- In the General tab, select "Disabled" from the Startup type drop-down list.
- Select the "OK" button.
- Restart the machine and open ChemDraw. Check you have the various fonts listed in the ChemDraw Document Setting dialog box.