User cannot login to server using Spotfire Analyst 11.4 or higher. The following error message is displayed in the details dialog. User has noticed that host name 'xxxxxxx' is not the expected host name of the Spotfire Server.
Error message: Cannot log in to server.
AuthenticationException at :
Could not authenticate with server to get tokens. No detailed response: (HRESULT: 80131501)
WebException at System:
Unable to connect to the remote server 'xxxxxxx' (HRESULT: 80131509)
The error is possibly caused by the change in login behavior that has been made in Spotfire Analyst 11.x. The following article will describe in detail the change that has been made and possible resolution.
Unable to login from Spotfire Analyst 11.X onwards
Given the vast impact to users should the problem be encountered, this article will explain the cause of the issue and resolution again in more detail.
The change made in Spotfire 11.x will redirect Spotfire Analyst to connect to the public address of the Spotfire server rather than the server URL specified by the client user. If the public address is not configured properly, connection will fail resulting in errror.
The administrator of Spotfire server should check that public address is set correctly to an URL that client users can connect to and fix it if not set correctly.
1. Login to Spotfire Server.
2. Open a command prompt in admin mode.
3. Run the following command.
config set-public-address -u="Spotfire-server URL" -t password
- -u specifies the Spotfire server URL in the form of http(s)://host-name:port
- -t specifies the password of Spotfire Server Configuration Tool.
- Modify the path of Spotfire installation folder to match your site.
4. Restart Spotfire Server service for configuration to take effect.
5. Restart Spotfire Analyst and re-try login.
More information about set-public-address command in URL below.
TIBCO Spotfire Server and Environment - Installation and Administration > set-public-address