When Spotfire Server global troubleshooting bundle is requested, on the 'Monitoring&Diagnostics' page, the downloaded zip file sometimes doesn't contain any log files from some node machines in Spotfire cluster. Log messages similar to this one can be found in server.log:
WARN 2021-11-22T13:49:57,277+0100  web.service.TroubleshootingBundleSupplier: Exception capturing troubleshooting bundle from Node [serverId=c2d6bdd0-7727-44d9-9388-2a8f596ed49c, serverName=server.local, port=9443, siteID=5c2c7b84-e1f4-4187-9799-85a2a48f0ebc] org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on GET request for "https://server.local:9443/spotfire/remote/logs": Read timed out
This error is caused by a 60 second timeout setting that Spotfire Server uses to wait for nodes to respond and return a zip file with their log files. This is a known issue. It is fixed in Spotfire Server releases 11.4.5 (defect TSS-29997) and 11.7 (defect TSS-29925).
1. Stop Spotfire Server service.
2. Open a copy of \tomcat\webapps\spotfire\WEB-INF\lib\spotfire-node-manager-tss.jar in 7zip or similar application.
3. Edit applicationContext-nodeManager-tss.xml (externally to the jar and then replace it in the jar).
4. Change bean="restTemplate" to bean="restTemplateLongTimeout".
5. Replace the jar file in \tomcat\webapps\spotfire\WEB-INF\lib\
6. Start the Spotfire Server service and try to generate a global troubleshooting bundle.