The Structure Data File (SDF) version exported by ChemDraw for Excel can either be V2000 or V3000. The default value is V2000. V3000 is a superset of V2000, and offers an enhanced stereochemistry specification. Hence, you can change the preferences in ChemDraw for Excel using the steps below.
- Open the ChemDraw for Excel file.
- Go to ChemOffice 21 menu and navigate to Options - Preferences
- Change the SDF Export version from V2000 to V3000 and click on Ok.
4. Navigate to Import/Export - Export Table - Save as SDFile.
5. Import the SDFile back to new ChemOffice Worksheet by navigating to Import/Export - Import table and notice that enhanced stereochemistry marker Or1 remains Or1 only.
Note: this option is not available for ChemDraw Prime.
Article is closed for comments.