If Spotfire Server machine's IP address is changed, then the following configuration update is required:
1. Stop all Spotfire Servers and Node Managers (assuming this is a cluster with multiple servers).
2. Create a new bootstrap file on each Spotfire Server using Spotfire Server Configuration tool:
3. Start Spotfire Servers, one at a time, waiting until each one fully start up before starting the next one.
4. Remove old Spotfire Server references in web admin console on Nodes&Services page (under Servers view). All information in the bootstrap file will remain the same, but, as a result of having a new IP address, Spotfire database will be updated with a new record for all updated Spotfire Server nodes. They will show up next to old ones (with previous IPs) in Nodes&Services, under 'Spotfire Servers' view. Once the servers are back online, you can just delete old nodes (which will be shown offline and grayed out) from Nodes&Services page in admin web console.
5. Start all Node Managers. Unlike Spotfire Servers, they can be started all together, without delays.
6. If you see that Node Managers start and show up as available in Nodes&Services, no further steps are needed.
7. If Node Managers fail to start, you'll need to 'untrust', restart and then 'trust' them again: