This article covers a number of different topics for users having problems when trying to activate or download ChemDraw (formerly ChemBioDraw) or ChemOffice.
- Activation errors for full and trial versions,
- download problems,
- login errors,
- activation communication issues,
- missing SSL certificate errors,
- application error - not able to initialize,
- transferring licenses,
- activation limit reached,
- exceeded the number of copies for the license,
- can’t find activation code,
- and software repeatedly prompting / asking for activation code.
Your error code may look like one of the following examples.
Select the link related to the type of error you have encountered.
- If you downloaded ChemDraw prior to October 2021 and now cannot login to the Download Center. Also, if you registered but do not know your password, or did not receive the password reset email after several attempts:
How do I login to the PerkinElmer Download Center and find my ChemDraw activation code?
- If you are trying to activate your free trial for ChemDraw or ChemOffice:
How do I activate my ChemDraw trial?
- Your online activation fails, or you receive a general communication error during activation. Also, if you have limited internet access due to a Firewall or Proxy:
How do I activate or deactivate by uploading a file?
- You receive a “missing SSL certificate” error during activation:
When I try to activate ChemDraw or ChemOffice 2017 or later, I get a missing SSL Certificate error message.
- While trying to login to the download center you receive a “Not able to initialize user” error:
Cannot access the PerkinElmer Download Center and receive an error “Not able to initialize user. Please contact system administrator.”
- If you try to transfer the ChemDraw license to a new computer and receive a message that indicates your activation limit is reached or that you have exceeded the number of copies for the license:
"Activation limit reached" or "Activation ID copies exceeds available copies" error when trying to activate ChemDraw on a new computer.
- If you access ChemDraw or ChemOffice with a site subscription through your company or academic institution, and need instructions to download the software or locate your activation code:
How do I access my ChemDraw site subscription?
- If your already activated software keeps prompting for activation when you change your network connection, use a VPN, or you simply notice the host ID number changes:
How to perform activation when we have a 'Changing Host ID'?
- If you receive "Activation failed with error code: -2":
When activating ChemDraw/ChemOffice, I get error code: -2. ERROR: adding trusted storage license source.
- If you receive "Activation failed with error code: -7":
I received the ChemDraw activation error ‘Activation failed with error code: -7’.