Keywords: SImA, Signals Image Artist, Columbus CSV, upload, SImA loader, ImageIndex.ColumbusIDX.csv, TIF
If your Acquisition instrument's file format is not currently listed as a supported "Data Type" in the Signals Image Artist (SImA) Loader you can attempt the upload by using the Columbus CSV Data Type.
- The raw data must be in the Tagged Image File Format with the filename extension '.tif'. Please note that files with the '.tiff' filename extension are not supported in SImA 1.0 for use with the Columbus CSV data type.
- The csv template must be called "ImageIndex.ColumbusIDX.csv"
- The csv template must be placed inside the folder which contains the raw image data i.e. the .tif files.
You will need to create an index file (ImageIndex.ColumbusIDX.csv), this allows the SImA Loader to arrange the image data correctly in the Screen > Plate > Measurement format, the csv index file can also include additional columns to allow the upload of associated meta data. The 'columns.xlsx' file attached here provides a full list of the supported meta data options.
For use with SImA the Columbus CSV data type requires a number of mandatory parameters/columns to be present in the csv template/index file, as detailed below. This information is also contained in the Supported Data Types section of the SImA Help.
Additional parameters required for full functionality like 3D
The attached SImA_Example.zip file contains an example reference data set (single well, 5 channels) and the associated ImageIndex.ColumbusIDX.csv file. The example .csv index file contains the bare minimum to import the example image data but other meta data columns can be included as required. Refer to the list above and also the 'columns.xlsx' file for more information.
- Add the relevant information/detail based on your data to the index file ImageIndex.ColumbusIDX.csv to include Row, Column, Field etc. The SourceFilename requires the complete name of the file including any extensions. The name must be exact.
- Move the .csv index file to the path containing the images to be uploaded.
- In the SImA Loader app, select the Source Folder, set the Screen Name and then in the Data Type field choose the Columbus CSV option.